Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sting operations!

This is the highlight of Indian news now a days. ( Apart from Saurav not being Indian team). I am not sure why do we require these operations to tell us that these maps or for that matter politicians are corrupt. I learned basic civics in childhood, but nobody answered me the simple economics question in that. When I have spending limit of may be say 10 lake rupees for a single election, then I officially spent that much (remember its official basic figure we are not talking about any non visible stuff), then after 5 yrs of my job (which we are not sure will last) I am not going to recover that much money. So for example if I put in 10 lkh upfront considering that I will get 8% on that amount in open market, what I get in return as MP is 20,000 per month. Then additional facilities such as air-fare and some administration rights. So my total for 5 York is 12.5 lakhs. Where as my original amount would be now 20 lkh after 5 yrs. I am loosing 7.5 lakh Rs over 5 yrs. Why would I want to be a MP then ? For public service, no matter how Nobel soul i am, i can't spend that much to do public service, that is not good way considering various risk factors. Plus every party has party expenses as conducting their meetings in some location (I would not make fun by saying in 5 star hotels since these parties are like corporations they have to run it nice way no matter what). So basically parties need money to run, MPs need to recover their basic expenses, and though we know that whole system is corrupt we should first modify basic premises around that. Then we can even hangup the MPs which are caught in this kind of operation. There is no point in saying these are criminals etc since they proved that they have skills to manage public portfolio not you and me. I think this applies to every other democratic political system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home