Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sarkar!

Sarkar: Today I watched another hindi version of ‘God Father’. The title lines by director were very pragmatic, sounded like this “Like every aspiring director, this is my version or tribute to God Father’. I just hoped Ramu should have been true to his words. The movie is sluggish, with unwanted details. For example, he has changed the script for modern hindi films, killing big brother by younger one rather than he is getting killed by the rival gangs. I don’t think that was something audience ( at least audience who has watched God Father before) looks forward to. I was thinking at the same moment what I will incorporate in this script new. I will not do anything different with core concept of don utilizing his power for people, a parallel system created by void of capable system. Something which government does not want but has to live with it. This time, I will definitely not show a poor father or inspector who complains about rape over his daughter. In fact while watching this movie today, I got sense that best version of this core concept was depicted at best by Naykan not by God Father. Though movie has hindi cinema style dramatic moments which could have been avoided Kamal Hasan has shown best performance by far. Marlin Brando was unique in his style and none of these version ever tried to copy him, in fact I can say that in God Father, Marin Brando made the movie first father oriented rather than script giving importance to son, but every other time due to script first father got second position in films. Sarkar was not even exception for this rule even if Amitabh was enacting as first father. Abhishek dominated whole movie beyond anything. But I think it came with the help of script. In Naykan, they changed the script so the son was not at all visible on screen. That might have caused it to be more powerful. Rather I will say this, Naykan was not diverted from core concept but still made best changes with the script ever possible. More about the movie experience at theater, it was tremendous. People love Amitabh, I think he is the only actor in hindi movies ever, who gets so tremendous response at this age. This movie response will be more about this following and people want to see him with his son. Legacy with such great script, expectations are sky rocketing as well as no matter what ever quality it has, if u are die hard Abitabh fan then u got to watch this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home