Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pistons and Spurs!

Pistons and Spurs: I was guessing that series will end in game 5 since spurs started with 2-0 lead and had lot more depth than pistons. But turned out that series was extended, though I was not able to watch both game 3-4, I heard that the credit mostly goes to sloppy play by spurs and inability to capitalize on three point range. Today I was able to watch game for first 10 mins and then last 40 mins (thanks to power cut here in India), I found one thing, pistons gained lot from those 2 games they won. They were right there until end if Ric could made a smart choice rather than shooting by himself or I can say Larry could have draw a better play then they had nice shot of winning the game. It was just a one point difference with 4-5 secs and you are into 5th game of final series, you can afford to play like a normal game. I also suspect that much of the credit of Spurs turnover goes to officiating in game 3 and 4. After game 2, ratings were down, seemed that it was turning out one more uninteresting series but after some thought I think I was wrong thinking that way. If that was the case then last year final series would have been different. Lakers could have started game 6 at home. (May be they were to busy in internal fighting that officiating did not able to pull that out either and there are other zillions reasons such as injured Malone but this post is not about that..god stop writing about Lakers). Now everyone thinks that Spurs will win championship mostly in game 6 but I guess it will go up to game 7 unless, Pistons hang up their head. Anyways, next year is gone be more interesting that this year since Larry will not be coaching pistons and I don’t think that bunch could be awaked by anyone else other than LB. Since Heat will not have a single good competitor in East, I guess only playoff matches to be watched will be on Western Conference. Or shift Seattle or SUNS to East, we have plenty of talent of West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home