Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Effective EMS ( I don't know longform for EMS)

EMS is the a short para which you have to write at the end of year when you are a part or full time GE employee. I guess every mnc has some kind of system for employess to express their achievements and then management to shoot it back. I am even not sure how my EMS is going to cross over outside of my firm, But I thought of writing it nicely. When I went through examples, I found that to write best EMS show numbers. Means show management that you have reduced testing time by 30% using new methods. Even if new methods are not that effiective you EMS for that point becomes attractive. I am not sure if I have the correct alternate way for such huge org. But I am sure that this is not the right way to do this. When reading Jack Welch, you feel that this guy forgot what he was at the grass root level and how he could have done with better productivity. I think not only him but everyone at his level should be doing same as long as you are posting good profits. I guess that is what matters in first and middle and end. Giving to Society, doing for community or powering employees are just sugar coated things tought in business collleges to make bitter things sound sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home